Kenny Leigh & Associates

Call Today for a Consult
(352) 503-0544

Contact Us Today

Click to Call

Protection Order Attorney in Gainesville, FL

Call Us Today

Contact Us Today

Whether you are married or divorced, you want to keep your family safe—especially when it comes to your kids. Unfortunately, there are people out there that are dangerous and can pose serious threats to your personal safety or the safety of your children. Aggressors can be men or women. They can be people you don't know or even your ex-partner.

If you feel threatened, talk to the legal team at Kenny Leigh & Associates. We know that society tells men to handle most situations on their own. But legal action can be much safer and more effective. Schedule a consultation with our protection order attorney in Gainesville, FL, to protect you or your family from any of the following:

  • Battery
  • Any Other Physical Harm
  • Stalking
  • Aggravated Assault
  • Harassment
  • Domestic Violence

What You Need to Get a Protection Order

You may not receive a temporary or permanent protection order just by filing for one. The process is much more involved and requires proof that someone is either harming or threatening to harm you or your loved ones.

The job of our protection order lawyer is to work with you to gather the proper evidence so you can get this legal injunction as quickly as possible. We help you document the following:

  • Evidence of Current Harm or Threats
  • Detailed Information of Abuse History
  • Specific Occurrences of Violence or Threats

Getting this evidence in a timely manner expedites the process so you can have more peace of mind. While it may be tempting to try to handle this on your own, that can often escalate the problem and cause much more harm than good. So let our protection order attorney handle it in a safe, legal manner.

Happy Father and Son in Gainesville, FL

Protection Orders During a Divorce

Sometimes, the emotional rollercoaster of a divorce can cause some people to act in dangerous and unpredictable ways. If you feel that you or your child isn't safe around your ex-spouse until they have had time to process and accept what's happening, we can help you apply for a temporary protection order. These injunctions are for a specified period of time and often help create a better emotional environment for all parties.

Contact us today to learn more about our protection order services. We proudly serve clients throughout Gainesville, Alachua, Waldo, Melrose, and Hawthorn, Florida.